Looking back over the past year, would you say that you are 100 percent satisfied with your website traffic via organic search? Most companies would answer ‘no’ to this question. Increasing your traffic via organic search is one part search engine optimization and one part content marketing. Although this is a grossly simplified breakdown, the creation of online content is still vital to driving organic traffic. For small businesses, the best platform to start creating content online is via an often updated blog. If you haven’t already, it’s time to launch a blog for your business
Even if you don’t see yourself as the “blogging type,” we have 10 good reasons why you should start created blog content in for your business:
- A blog gives your business a voice on the internet.
- If you are looking to increase your business’s ranking in search engines, establishing a blog for your business is one of the most effective ways to do so. The more often you create high quality content, the better your business will rank by major search engines like Google, Yahoo, and Bing.
- You don’t have to be a technology wizard to create and maintain a blog. There are a number of user-friendly blogging platforms like WordPress that don’t require too much technical or graphic skills.
- Businesses with a blog are 60 percent more likely to acquire more customers according to HubSpot.
- Your blog can provide you with a powerful resource for sharing content on social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- A business blog provides you with the ideal opportunity to position yourself as an industry expert. You can use your blog to help define yourself and company as the “go to” person or place in the industry.
- Your blog can provide with a free PR opportunity. If you become recognized as a peer leader in your industry, you may be invited to guest post on other blogs, therefore helping to reach new audiences and expand your overall reach.
- A blog can provide you with valuable information about your target audience, such as which types of content they find to be the most appealing and how they like to engage with content.
- A blog will help you to focus on your content marketing strategy. Since it will be necessary to post regularly, it will cause you to constantly be researching industry related news and thinking about your target audience.
- A blog can help to increase your brand’s credibility.
Not the best writer? No worries, don’t let that stop you from launching a business blog. Partnering with a content marketing agency is an affordable solution for SMB owners and can help to ensure that you are putting your best foot forward with your content marketing efforts.
If you need further convincing, be sure to check out the powerful infographic by TrueConversion
Want to discuss your content creation options and learn how a smart blogging strategy can improve your website’s rankings and drive more leads to your local business? Contact us to schedule your no obligation consultation.